straightens your teeth without wires and brackets, using a series of clear, customized, removable appliances called aligners. It’s virtually undetectable, which means hardly anyone will know that you’re straightening your teeth.
Almost everyone is a candidate for Invisalign in our office. And we recommend Invisalign for both teens or adults. If you are offered a choice between traditional braces and Invisalign, you will need to know the differences, including some pros and cons for each. Our Caudill Orthodontics team shares their knowledge on the subject in this blog.
Let's start with one of the premier questions that our clients ask. Is there a price difference? Actually, the prices are the same, and we have financing or accept credit cards for either, so let's look at some other differences. We're focusing on the pros for each, but the cons can be understood by looking at pros for the other system.
Pros for Invisalign over Traditional Braces
- They are less abrasive to your cheeks and tongue than traditional braces
- Great for active lifestyles where injuries to lips and teeth are a concern
- Invisalign is clear and not as noticeable
- There are no eating restrictions
- There are less office visits
- There are no extra visits to our office for pokey wires or loose braces
- It is easier to brush and floss your teeth
Pros for Traditional Braces over Invisalign
- There isn’t anything you have to take in and out
- No aligners to keep track of (nothing to lose)
- You can have colors on your braces that you change out at each visit
The good news is that if you choose Invisalign and can be responsible for wearing them at least 22 hours a day, taking them out to eat, and changing to the next aligner weekly, you will have excellent success. Traditional braces will also achieve your goal smile. Dr. Ryan Caudill or Dr. Angela McNeight would love to help you decide. We're here for your initial free consultation,
so contact us today.